This new release is addressing known software issues and adds enhancements to existing functions of the mz-16 and mz-32 radio systems.
This release also updates several radio resources and therefore should be performed with the Graupner Firmware Upgrade Studio. Do not use the wireless firmware update function!
You can find the Firmware Upgrade Studio by clicking here.
Before performing the firmware update connect your radio to your computer and set it the USB mode to mass storage (System/USB/Mass Storage) and backup of all your models.
After updating your firmware make sure you test all your models especially delta wing models and models with servo multi point curves.
Best practice is to load your existing model and force a save to the SD card which can be done by switching a model or recycling the power of the radio.
- Stability improvements of the GUI processing and FatFs SD-Card system.
- Timer 1 widget can now also be deleted when RF is switched on.
- Digital switch DS(24) can now be set and operated accordingly.
- In case of GUI errors, the radio can be switched off.
- Backlight: When set for 5 minutes will now switch off.
- Digital Switches: Symbols and text for flash and blinking have been corrected.
- User Notice, Voice Notice and Widget RX strength will now show the proper information (previous information was RX quality).
- No Delay CH: Channel settings are now saved prior to model change or radio switch off.
- Servo Balancer: Corrected wrong calculation points 1-6 that showed the wrong +/- polarity. Make sure to carefully check your settings after loading your model.
- Servo Balancer: min/max value has been increased from +-10% to +-20%.
- Differential reduction in air brake menu has been reduced from 125% to 100%.
- Channel Sequencer: sequence number display corrected from Q0/Q2 to Q1/Q3.
- System Warning #2 voice announcement changed from “Transmitter Strength” to “Transmitter Low Signal”
- TX and RX Strength and Rate/Quality (widgets, system notice, user notice, voice notice, sensor switch), names, values and announcements are now better matched together.
- Timers: Corrected timer up count symbol which was changing after switching between flight phases.
- Fixed when using a Delta Wing and EL to AIL3,4 butterfly causing an error where EL to FLAP elevator was jumping when butterfly engaged.
- Voice Notice: Changing from ELECTRIC or GENERAL altitude to Vario altitude will not lock the radio anymore.
- Model List: Fixed an error in the list with more than 31 when trying to go back to an already selected model.
- Voice Notice: Both Electric and General Air Module will now announce the lowest cell voltage (was average cell voltage).
- Sensor Switch: ESC voltage can now be set in 0.1V increments (was 1V).
- Sensor Switch: Low cell voltage switch event is now work.
- Sensor Switch: Now also works with the voltage module 2-4S (shows as general air module).
- User Notice: ESC voltage can now be set in 0.1V increments (was 1V).
- Telemetry speed is now adjustable: 100%, 50%, 33%. Reduced telemetry speed can be used in situations where two Graupner HoTT systems are operating close to each other to avoid interference and reduced range.
- Time Info / Model Time: Model time can now be controlled with a switch. Resetting the time can be done from the menu or widget.
- Clear Widget Data does now clear all clocks except the system time, model time and any timer which has the Power on Init checked in the timer setting.
- Control Set: Time delay now also has effect on the curve.
- Widget GPS. Dist./Alt./Speed: GPS home direction symbol direction has been corrected.
- MP3 Player: Improved control functionality.
- Radio speaker now also works when Bluetooth is active. It can be switched off from the Sound Set menu. Note that the loudness of the voice files and Vario is now lower to enhance the Bluetooth sound quality.
- Direct Adjust: Max value reset corrected from 0% to +125%.
- Control Set: Digital trims (DTx) assigned to a channel and set as phase dependent did not store their trim values. This has been fixed.
- System Set: Code lock function has been improved.
- I/O Set: SP protocols has been corrected and should now perform binding.
Control Set Handling
If a global control is set or any offset is defined and then changed to phase dependent, the set control and delay times and also control curves and offsets are copied to all phases without the need to redo each phase independently.
Clearing the control in the global phase and changing the control curve back to the original 3 point curve will also reset all control settings when you switch from global to phase dependent. In case the delay times are changed, they will be copied as well.
Please note that if phase dependent is set first, then no control is defined for each phase. This is how you would proceed if you want to define different controls per phase.
If accidentally going back to global and then back to phase-dependent, then nothing happens. The global settings will not be copied again. You can use the global function as normal.
The previously set phase-dependent values are no longer overwritten the second time or later when you switch to phase-dependent except, when the control settings are deleted and the control curve is reset to the original 3 point curve.
Trim Set Handling
If a global trim is set and then switched to phase dependent, the trim settings are copied to all phases eliminating the need to set them individually for each phase.
Clearing the control in the global phase will also delete all trim settings when switching to phase dependent.
For all other global settings, global adjustments made in the menus are copied to the phases after the first change. If you reset all values at the global setting, then you can reset all values after you change to the phase
Direct Adjust Handling
When any of the multipoint curves (not 3 point curve) are set for direct adjust control for example a control curve, free mixer curve, elevator curve and the same DTx (digital trim) is used for direct adjust, only the closest point to the control position is active and is movable.
Four direct adjust points controlled by DT5
Control position at point three now controlled by DT5
Control position closer to point two now controlled by DT5
Curve Point Slider Control
Improved the use of the orange slider in all the detail graph curve menus. Moving the slider provides rounded numbers. For finer control you can use the up/down arrow keys.
Orange slider controls whole units
Up/Down arrows control fractional units
NEW for mz-16
mz-16 Quad Rate and Expo has been increased from 4 to 8. For helicopter models this will only work when setting up a new model. Existing helicopter models can be converted after loading the model and changing the swash type for example form 1S to 2S and then reverting it back to the original settings. Make sure to save the model and check all functions especially the rudder and throttle channel.